I hope that all of my students enjoyed their week away from school. But I am missing them, so it is time to send them back to me! :-)
This week, we will follow a typical schedule and get right back to work:
1. In Math, we are beginning Unit 6 and will be doing deeper work with fractions and word problems.
2. In Science, we will complete our unit on Light and Color. Our test will take place on Friday, March 3rd. Students have study guides to use in order to prepare.
3. Reading and Writing will include some opportunities to write realistic fiction, as well as to focus on some test-taking strategies as we move towards PARCC testing in April.
4. On Monday, February 27th, students should come ready to share a bit about their NF reports, and to explain how they used non-fiction text features to strengthen their work.
5. Attached is the Parent Teacher Conference Schedule. If you need to make any adjustments, please email me right away. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you, or speaking with you on the phone, next month.
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and I will look forward to seeing your children on Monday!
As always, Homework is listed every day and can be viewed at:
Thank you for your partnership!
Grade 4 Teacher